Wednesday, January 23, 2013

...but, It was Mostly Me!

             It is OOOOH, Not So Politically Correct to suggest that you might be the center of your own universe. Or, that the rotating, revolving moon orbits you as the earth does the sun.  Even Toby Keith wails that he’s tired of talking about me and wants to talk about himself.  Borrrring!
            Prissy’s (GWTW) portrayal, professing herself to be so very much more competent than she actually is, and getting lost in her own reverie as Atlanta burns around her, is not very flattering.  When Scarlet sends her for help from Rhett, for him to bring his carriage, Prissy is most hesitant for she must visit the home of Miss Belle Watling, red hair, red dress, red district!
            Prissy’s high-pitched summons (Mr. Rhett!  Mr. Rhett!) wakes the dead and has Rhett wondering aloud what Prissy could be doing out in Atlanta at this time of night, without Scarlet.  She confesses that Miss Scarlet has sent her to get help, not so much for herself, but for Miss Melanie who has just given birth to a “fine baby boy!”  When questioned as to the mid-wifery and the extent to which Scarlet has been called into womanhood and duty, Prissy speaks the line that I find absolutely perfect!

“Prissy,” exclaims Rhett, “did Miss Scarlet actually…??”  to which Prissy replies, “Miss Scarlet….she hepped; but, (in feigned timidity) IT WAS MOSTLY ME!”
           This BLOG will celebrate being a girl, a woman, a princess, and my desire to be Queen of my Entire Life.  Over the years, I have learned to get my own tiara so I can wear it year after year (thanks to Jill Conner Brown) and while I’m at it, I might as well get a pair of majorette boots – with tassels!
          I enjoy femininity and all the trimmings of being Fancy, even before Fancy was Cool!  Stay with me and chuckle as you see yourself through my Fantabulous Female Fantasy.  What’s wrong with life ooozing “mostly me?” Don’t be offended, please.  It’s all in good fun. If you will be honest, you’ll confess that we have much in common.  Just enjoy, laugh, and follow this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment